Setting the Right Expectations
Now that your organization has made the decision to invest in IWLCARecruits, it is extremely important to (1) empower your athletes to get started on the platform right away and (2) make sure they are aware of all the tools at their disposal!
The most successful way to do so, is by relaying that you and your staff will be leaning on IWLCARecruits to drive the recruiting process. This messaging should offer athlete-driven objectives that establish a foundation for a successful recruiting process on the platform. Just like in practice, setting clear expectations and holding your athletes accountable are the best ways to ensure they are successful. With the IWLCARecruits messaging system, you and your staff have an extremely easy way to communicate directly with all of your athletes at once as well as centralize all lines of recruiting communication in one place.
Below is an example of a message to send to your athletes that provides them with key milestones to hit on the platform. We recommend giving your athletes a weekly "challenge" to complete on the platform to guarantee they are maximizing their time and energy on IWLCARecruits!
Example Message to Send to Your Athletes
IWLCARecruits is a useful tool to use as you are tackling your college recruiting process, especially as most of college recruiting has moved online. I am sending you this email to let you know that our teams have been successfully launched on IWLCARecruits. You should have received an activation email from their team in order to get into your new account - Please be on the look out for that email and log into your IWLCARecruits account once you have received it!
- If you already had an account with IWLCARecruits, that account should have been added to our club. In the case that a duplicate account was created for you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will fix that right away.
- If you do not immediately see this email, please double check your junk/spam folders.
Once you have activated your account, you are all required to watch the following video: SportsRecruits Student-Athlete Training. This Training Video will walk you through all the features of your new profile.
After you've gone through that quick video, I've also outlined some action items below to help you get started.
Challenge 1: Make sure your profile is Verified
- Upload a profile picture
- Add your position(s)
- Update your graduation year, if it is not already in there
- Then, fill-in all of your basic athletic background data, and add your GPA, last year's academic transcript etc. - This IWLCARecruits profile should be thought of as an academic AND athletic RESUME
Challenge 2: Get Video on your profile - Now more than EVER, College Coaches are relying on video to assess you as an athlete
- Here's how to Upload any videos you have to your profile. Or if you have video already up on other video sites, you can also Embed Video to your Profile
- Once you have film in your video library, you have full access to the In-Platform Highlight Reel Editor, which you can use to clip that film into full reels, or specific skills videos
- IWLCARecruits is partnered with many events, including all IWLCA sanctioned events. For these partner events, you will receive game film directly to your Video Library within 10 business days from an event's end. You can review which events are included in IWLCARecruits and learn more about how to access this film below:
- As members of IWLCARecruits through our Organization, each of you has unlimited FREE professional Highlight Reel credits per year. This means that the SportsRecruits team will build a Highlight Reel for you based upon clips of your choosing. I highly recommend taking advantage of this! The links below will show you how to redeem this credit:
Challenge 3: Research schools that you might want to consider playing for at the next level. I want you to Favorite schools that are of interest to you, before moving on to "Challenge 4," I want you to have 20 schools on your Favorites List
- Using the Advanced School Search you can filter by division, conference, academic criteria and by college major to determine schools that are of interest to you
- Personalize this list so that you can stay organized as you start to reach out to these coaches
Challenge 4: Introduce yourself to College Coaches
- Start using the messaging system to express interest in programs on your favorites list -Every message you send through IWLCARecruits will include a link to your profile (that you've already filled out!), which will give that coach direct access to this 'online resume'
- You'll then be able to tell exactly which college coaches have viewed your profile with IWLCARecruits complete transparency
Let's get it going,
How to Send This Message to My Team
Using the blast messaging feature, you can send messages to 'All Athletes' within your organization or to a specific team.