The messaging system is one of the most powerful tools on SportsRecruits. Not only does the messaging system allow your student-athletes to start emailing college coaches with ease, but it allows you, as a staff member, to connect with colleges, other staff members, and your student-athletes. The messaging keeps your communication efficient, organized, and separate from your personal email account.
What Do I Use the Messaging System For?
The SportsRecruits messaging system hosts the email addresses of every college coach in the country, including NCAA, NIAA, junior colleges, community colleges, and club programs. The linking feature makes it simple to share a student-athlete’s profile with a college coach.
You can also connect with other staff members and student-athletes in your organization through the messaging system. You can blast message important announcements to teams, groups, and staff within your organization.
How do I get to the messaging system?
There are a few easy ways to start composing a message.
- In the top right corner, you can click the “Messages” icon. This will take you right to your inbox.
- On any school’s landing page, you can click “Send Message” under the college coaching staff names. This will automatically compose a message with the coaches at that program as the recipients.
- On most badges in the Activity Feed there is a “message college” button. By clicking that you will be taken to compose a message.
- From the “Profile” tab, click “Athletes” in the panel on the left hand side. Click the gear, then choose “send a message” from the drop-down.
- From the “Athletes” tab, you can search add filters to search through your athletes. From the search results, click the paper airplane icon to compose a message to that student-athlete.
Features of the Messaging System
Navigate to the “Messages” tab of your profile. You’ll notice that there are a number of menu items to choose from in the sidebar.
- Inbox - new messages from college coaches, staff members, or student-athletes.
- Athlete CC’s - designated for emails you have been CC’ed on that are sent to a college coach from one of your student-athletes
- Sent - messages you have sent to college coaches, staff members, or student-athletes
- Drafts - messages that you have drafted that are not ready to be sent out
- Starred - important messages you have “starred”
- All Mail - all messages from the categories above
- Trash - messages you have deleted
- Settings - you can add or edit your signature from settings - How to Add a Signature
Using the Messaging System to Connect with College Coaches
On SportsRecruits, you can see what colleges student-athletes are connecting with and favoriting. You can also tag schools for them that you think would be a good fit. As someone involved in the college recruiting process, the next step is to email a college program about a particular student-athlete, or your team in general.
When sending messages through SportsRecruits, your organization’s page is embedded at the bottom of each message you send. When a coach clicks on this link, they are automatically logged into SportsRecruits and will have access to all of your student-athletes through your organization’s storefront. This allows you to track the interactions that a college has with your club.
You can go a step further and send college programs links to a specific student-athlete profile. This takes them right to the student-athlete profile to see their relevant athletic and academic information, as well as any highlight videos or transcripts they have posted. Again, you will be able to track all of these views from colleges in your activity feed.
Whether it be an introductory email or connecting with one of your existing college connections, the messaging system makes it easy for you to stay in contact with every college program.
Using the Messaging System to Connect with Your Organization
You are able to use the messaging system to blast message your organization, certain teams, all staff members, or a group of student-athletes. Check out our knowledge base article, Blast Messaging Student-Athletes, to learn more about connecting with your organization.
SportsRecruits provides clubs and high schools a platform for their student-athletes to host all of their academic and athletic information that college coaches can seamlessly view in one organized place. Staff members have the ability to monitor their student-athletes’ recruiting processes by viewing exactly what college coaches have messaged them, or viewed their profile, highlight reel or transcript.
Get your organization on SportsRecruits today! Sign up for free!