With your "Favorites Page" you can now go beyond favoriting schools, so that you and your family can better organize all of the schools that you are interested in!
You can navigate to the new Favorites page by clicking the "Schools" tab, then selecting "Favorites" from the sidebar. Once you are there, there are three different ways you can organize your favorite schools.
(1) You can sort by rank. This is your own personal ranking. You can rank each of the schools in your favorites list. So if Alabama is your number one choice, rank it number one. Arizona State might be a close second, so you could rank them as your #2 choice, and so on down the line. You have complete freedom here.
Have you been talking to a school but they are on the bottom of your favorites list? Now it is super easy to move them to the top! With a simple click and drag, you can personalize your favorite school list so it reflects the order you want!
(2) You can organize them by the type of fit the school is. The three different categories are reach, fit, and safety schools. Those refer to the academic selectivity of the school.
- A safety school is one where your academic credentials exceed the school's range for the average first-year student. You should be reasonably certain that you will be admitted to your safety schools
- A target school is one where your academic credentials (grades, SAT or ACT scores, and class rank) fall well within the school's average range for the most recently accepted class. There are no guarantees, but it's not unreasonable to expect to be accepted to several of your target schools
- A reach school is a college where your academic credentials fall in the lower end, or even below, the school's average range for the cohort of students accepted the previous year. Reach schools might be long shots, but they should still be possible.
(3) You can sort schools based on how long it has been since your last contact. The advantage here is that you can prioritize sending messages to schools you haven't had much contact with lately, and try to catch up with them. You can quickly draft a message to a coach directly from the favorites page by clicking the blue arrow titled "Message Now."