If you want to be recruited as a collegiate athlete, having video available for coaches to view is crucial to your recruiting process. College coaches, now more than ever, want to be able to recruit from the comfort of their own home, or office; therefore, having video on your platform will make it that much easier for college coaches to properly evaluate you. With our platform, you have access to upload an unlimited amount of video for coaches to view, as well as to add all of your academic and athletic information. Here we will discuss the importance of video, the types of video to be uploading, and the resources SportsRecruits has to help with this part of the process.
*To check our more SportRecruits webinars, head over to our Webinar Page.*
The Importance of Video In Recruiting
Here at SportsRecruits, we understand that video is a need in the recruiting process. Therefore we encourage you to upload video as soon as you can in order to get college coaches attention. Through years of proprietary data, we have found that adding video will increase your chances of college coaches viewing your profile.
- College coaches are 19x more likely to view your profile if you have video on your profile and are 11x more likely to send messages to student-athletes with video on their profile than those without.
- Through video, it gives college coaches the opportunity to recruit you without seeing you in person. This greatly increases the amount of exposure you can get because you are no longer limited to being reviewed by coaches in your area or who are able to travel to an event you are attending, etc.
- College coaches are able to easily evaluate you as a student-athlete to determine if you meet the athletic requirements and would be a good fit for their program. They can also seamlessly share the link to your profile with other college coaches at their program to evaluate you as well.
For these reasons, you are able to upload unlimited amounts of videos to your profile. It is worth spending the time to upload video when you get started with your account and continue to update this section with new video throughout your time in the recruiting process.
Types of Video to Upload
Deciding which videos to upload to your profile can be overwhelming at first, but generally speaking, any video is better than none. There are several types of video you can upload, including but not limited to:
- Highlight Reels: This video should include all of your best clips from live footage. To learn how to put together an effective highlight reel check out our blog, "Best Practices on How to Build a Highlight Reel."
- Skills Videos: A skills video allows you to isolate and showcase specific skills and technique that you want a college coach to see.
- Live Game or Practice Footage: Including a full game or match allows a college coach to view all aspects of your game, whether that be a great play, or seeing how you interact with your teammates.
Highlight Reel Resources
If you don't have a highlight reel, we have two great resources on our platform you can use to create them!
Highlight Reel Editor
- This is a great option to get a highlight reel up to your profile quickly. This free tool allows you to cut and paste clips of uploaded videos together. If you are working on getting film together to be used in a professional highlight reel, this video can be public on your profile until you’re ready for a professionally done highlight reel. Check out this article on "How to Use the Highlight Reel Editor" to learn more.
Professional Highlight Reel
- This is one of the most popular services we offer for student-athletes to add a highlight reel to their profile. With the professional highlight reel credit, you will receive custom title cards, isolation effects, and the music of your choice. Keep in mind you are able to use any video you want when building your reel - it does not need to be video uploaded on the platform. Check out our article, "Steps to Build a Professional Highlight Reel" which answers FAQs and outlines how you can get a Professional Highlight Reel created for you.
Additional Video Resources
Now that you understand the importance of recruiting video and are aware of your video options, below are some great resources that you can use to help you get your videos onto your profile:
- Uploading Video to your Profile
- Embedding Video From Hudl
- Embedding Video From YouTube and Vimeo
- Embedding Video From Krossover
- Compatible Video Files
- Trouble Uploading Your Video?
Any additional questions about adding video? Email email@example.com.
SportsRecruits is a college recruiting platform that will allow you to build an athletic and academic resume and host unlimited amounts of video content for college coaches to see throughout your recruiting process. With your SportsRecruits profile you will be notified in real-time whenever a college coach is watching your highlight video, going to your SportsRecruits profile, or opening your transcript. This provides student-athletes with more transparency during the recruiting process.
Interested in SportsRecruits? Sign up here to get started