We are thrilled to welcome ConnectSports to the SportsRecruits team! Together, we're excited to build the leading college recruiting network, and we’re already hard at work integrating ConnectSports’ expansive suite of tools into SportsRecruits. We're bringing more features, expanded video coverage, and an even stronger network to all of our customers. Most importantly, we want to make sure you and your student-athletes have a seamless transition over to the SportsRecruits platform. The following article covers next steps in order to start that transition and answers some FAQs for you and your organization.
Information about the Transition from ConnectSports to SportsRecruits
Over the next year, Clubs or High Schools can begin the transition over to SportsRecruits whenever they would like until ConnectSports officially sunsets at the end of 2022 - at which time, any remaining Organizations will make their way over to SportsRecruits.
If you are ready to begin the process of moving your student-athletes from ConnectSports to SportsRecruits, please contact the SportsRecruits Customer Success Management Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you do so, one of our Customer Success Managers will be in touch to help execute the following steps:
- Export your Organization's current student-athlete information from ConnectSports
- They will confirm that this list of student-athletes should be transitioned as is over to SportsRecruits
- Provide you and your staff with the Transition Email below, which you can supply to your families regarding the transition
- Import the confirmed teams onto SportsRecruits
- This will trigger a welcome email to each one of these student-athletes, prompting them to activate and fill out their new SportsRecruits account
- Connect with you and your staff to run through platform trainings, provide resources and help your staff set expectations for your student-athletes
While this transition takes place, existing ConnectSports customers will still have access to ConnectSports as they wish! The SportsRecruits team is already hard at work integrating three of ConnectSports' most popular features into the SportsRecruits platform - including enhanced highlight reel editor functionality (such as isolation effects and downloads), Gmail plug-in, and the evaluation tool.
Transition Email that you can send to your student-athletes
The below email should be sent out to your families when you are officially ready to transition your student-athletes from ConnectSports to SportsRecruits:
As you may have seen in a recent press release, the ConnectSports team has joined SportsRecruits to create one platform. This merger will allow for there to be one network for our organization to take advantage of throughout the recruiting process!
I am sending you this email to let you know that our teams will begin our transition from ConnectSports over to SportsRecruits shortly.
Here is what you need to know about this transition:
- Once we have been set up on SportsRecruits, you will receive an activation email from their team in order to get into your new account - Please be on the look out for that email in the coming days and log into your SportsRecruits account once you have received it!
- Each student-athlete will be responsible for moving all of their academic and athletic information along with individual video, from their ConnectSports to their SportsRecruits account.
- These articles will help you through the process of moving your information over:
- After you have successfully filled out your SportsRecruits profile, you can begin taking advantage of many of the tools inside the platform - such as the Advanced School Search or the Messaging System
If you already had an account with SportRecruits, that account should have been added to the club. In the case that a duplicate account was created for you please reach out to email@example.com, and they will fix that right away. Additionally, any other questions regarding your SportsRecruits account, please contact their Customer Support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional tips on getting started or for information on hot topics in recruiting, check out the SportsRecruits Webinar Library.
We are excited for all that this new partnership has to offer us!
Helpful Getting Started resources for Clubs and High Schools
- SportsRecruits Staff Training Information
- Setting Your Student-Athletes up for Success on SportsRecruits
- Example Message to Send to Your Athletes to Help Them Get Started on SportsRecruits
To read the entire press release, check out the SportsRecruits Blog: SportsRecruits and ConnectSports join forces to create the leading recruiting network.