As a club or high school that uses LeagueApps as your organization's registration platform, you can seamlessly integrate those rosters over to your SportsRecruits account. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting any roster updates made in LeagueApps over to SportsRecruits.
- Log in to your organization's administrative account.
- Make sure the teams you want to sync to SportsRecruits are Public in LeagueApps. Here's how to find out if a team is Public:
- Click "Manage" on the right-hand toolbar
- Next, click "Teams" in the additional toolbar that appears
- Find the team or teams that you'll be importing, and click the pencil icon to the right of the team name
- At the top of this team page, click "Settings"
- You'll see a Visibility dropdown here, if this marked as 'Private,' choose 'Public' then scroll to the bottom of this page and click "Submit"
Here’s a quick visual of how to make sure that your teams are public:
- Next, navigate to the LeagueApps API page
- To get there, click Connect on the right-hand toolbar
- Then choose "API Access" in the additional toolbar that appears
- Copy the URL - Which looks like this:
- Then, click on the "Generate Service Account" button in the middle of the page
- When the pop-up appears, click "Generate"
- This will prompt a file download of your account key. DO NOT rename the file and leave it at the top of your Downloads folder on your computer
- Once the download is complete, click the Cancel button to close the pop-up.
- Log in to your organization's SportsRecruits account as an administrator.
- Click your organization type on the top toolbar, denoted by "Club" or "High School"
- Then click "Import" on the left-hand side
- Paste the URL that you copied from LeagueApps (step 2 in the LeagueApps steps above)
- Then click Next
- Here, upload the file you downloaded from the ‘Generate Service Account’ step in LeagueApps
- Then click "Complete Connection"
- Once the connection is completed, you'll match the teams you have in LeagueApps to teams on SportsRecruits.
- If you want to sync a team that is already on SportsRecruits, select that team from the drop-down. If you want to sync a team that is not already on SportsRecruits, select New Team.
- Any student-athletes that we're not 100% sure is the same person will be shown under the Moderate Merges tab. If it's the same in both LeagueApps and SportsRecruits, you can choose to merge the student-athlete.
- This means that those student-athletes will be synced from LeagueApps to SportsRecruits. If it's not the same student-athlete, you can choose to create a new student-athlete. Then once you're finished going through the list of student-athletes that were surfaced up for moderation, click Confirm Merges.
- Once a student-athlete is moderated one time, that student-athlete in SportsRecruits is synced to the student-athlete in LeagueApps and will not need to be moderated again in future syncs.
- If a student-athlete is on your SportsRecruits roster and not on a team that you've chosen to import with LeagueApps, you can choose to either keep the student-athlete on your SportsRecruits roster or delete the student-athlete. Once you've finished going through the list of these student-athletes, click Confirm Deletions.
- Review your selections and finalize the import by clicking Finalize Import. A pop-up will appear to let you know that this action cannot be undone. Click Yes, Finish Import to finish the import and close the pop-up.
What is LeagueApps?
LeagueApps is a recreational sports league management software used by clubs or leagues in youth sports. League Apps helps sports organizers save time with features like their online sports registration software and team management tools as well as their game scheduling tools.
What is SportsRecruits?
SportsRecruits is a club management platform, giving you complete transparency to empower the athletes on your team through their recruiting process. You will be able to see the college athletic programs that are on your players’ lists, which college coaches they’ve reached out to and which of those recruiting coaches has viewed their profile or highlight video.
If you are a LeagueApps customer and want to learn more about getting your athletes started on SportsRecruits, get started here.